tirsdag 10. februar 2009

Power metal.

How the fuck did a genre so awesome become so gay? Power metal used to be all about manly shit like metal, dragons, barbarians, vikings, metal, and more metal. Suddenly, somewhere along the way, something took a turn for the worse. Here is two images I made to help me explain.
It's basically just a picture I found of Conan the barbarian, and I added a guitar. This image has pretty much every ingredient power metal need to be good. A huge fantasy battle, manliness, skeletons, metal and flames. Conan was a huge influence on metal back then, probably because he's the essence of manliness. Pure testosterone, pure awesome.



I don't really know much about new power metal, other then it's shit and has loads of keyboard solos. So I will just let the image speak for itself.

Heres some videos I uploaded to youtube, just to prove how awesome this genre once was.





And heres a video of a some band called Dark Moor. I didn't really think it would be this bad at all. I kinda speechless.

Ingen kommentarer: